What is a Linux data stream?
A Linux data stream is a sequence of data bytes transferred between two processes on a Linux system. Data streams are commonly used in network communication, where a process sends and receives data over a network connection. Data streams can also be used for inter-process communication, where two or more processes exchange data within a single system.
How to install snapd on Arch Linux / Manjaro?
1. Install the snapd package from the official Arch Linux repository by running the following command in the terminal:
sudo pacman -S snapd
2. Install the snap-confine package from the Arch AUR (Arch User Repositories) using an AUR helper, such as Yaourt:
yaourt -S snap-confine
3. Enable snapd.socket with the following command:
sudo systemctl enable --now snapd.socket
4. For Manjaro, you will also need to enable apparmor.
To do this, enter the following command into the terminal:
sudo systemctl enable --now apparmor
5. To finish the installation, run the following command to configure the snap paths:
sudo ln -s /var/lib/snapd/snap /snap
how to install ubuntu on windows
1. Download and install the latest version of VirtualBox on your Windows 10 PC.
2. Download Ubuntu ISO image file from the Ubuntu website.
3. Open VirtualBox, click the “New” button, and follow the steps to create a new virtual machine.
4. In the “Create Virtual Machine” window, specify the Name and Type of your operating system (i.e. “Ubuntu” and “Linux”)
5. From the “Version” drop-down list, select the appropriate version of Ubuntu and click “Next”.
6. Select the amount of memory (RAM) you want to allocate for the virtual machine and click “Next”.
7. In the “Hard Disk” window, select “Create a virtual hard disk now” and click “Create”.
8. Select the type of hard disk that you want to use for the virtual machine and click “Next”.
9. Select the storage size for the virtual machine and click “Create”.
10. Double-click on the “Ubuntu” virtual machine from the list and select “Settings”.
11. In the “General” tab, select the “Storage” tab and click the “Empty” CD-ROM icon.
12. Select the “Choose a virtual CD/DVD disk file” option and select the Ubuntu ISO image file that you downloaded earlier.
13. Click “Ok” and Start the virtual machine.
14. The Ubuntu installation screen should now appear, install Ubuntu according to the given instructions.
15. Once the installation is complete, you should be able to boot up your Ubuntu installation directly from the VirtualBox.
What is the difference between Linux and podman?
Linux is an operating system kernel and a user space environment of libraries andPODMAN is a utility for running OCI-compliant containers on Linux systems. Thus, Linux is the operating system, while Podman is an application that deploys, runs and manages containers within the Linux operating system. Podman does not require any system-level process, unlike Docker which runs as a daemon requiring root access. Podman also allows developers to run, create and manage containers without any daemon, making it faster, more flexible and more secure.
How do I install and run MySQL Workbench on Ubuntu?
1. Install MySQL Workbench onto your Ubuntu machine. This can be done by opening a terminal window, and typing the following command:
sudo apt-get install mysql-workbench
Press "Y" to approve the installation.
2. After the installation is completed, type the following command in the terminal window to launch MySQL Workbench:
3. After launching Workbench, you will be prompted to select the connection method. Select "Standard TCP/IP over SSH" and click "Next" to connect to a remote server. In the next dialog, enter the necessary connection information, such as the hostname, SSH username and password, and port.
4. After entering the necessary information, click the "Test Connection" button to verify the connection. If successful, click "OK" to finish the connection.
5. To start working with MySQL Workbench, click the "Database" tab in the main application window to access the Schema Inspector, which allows you to look at your databases, create or delete tables and columns, as well as run SQL queries.
How to set SELinux mode to permissive?
1. To set SELinux to permissive mode, open the /etc/selinux/config file.
2. Change the SELINUX= line to read: SELINUX=permissive
3. Save the file and then reboot the system for the change to take effect.
4. Alternatively, you can use the setenforce command to change the SELinux mode to permissive without rebooting:
$ sudo setenforce 0 (for permissive mode)
$ sudo setenforce 1 (for enforcing mode)
How do I create a network in Linux podman?
To create a network in Linux podman, use the podman network create command. This will create a virtual ethernet bridge, which can be used to connect multiple containers together into a network. After creating the network, containers can be connected to it with the podman network connect command.
How do I transfer files from windows to Linux?
The easiest way to transfer files between a Windows computer and a Linux machine is to use the scp (secure copy) command. This method uses the secure shell (SSH) protocol and is generally a very secure way to transfer files between computers. To use scp, you'll need to know the address and login credentials of the Linux machine. Once you have those, you can use the scp command in the command line to transfer files from your Windows computer to the Linux machine and vice-versa.