How to configure Ubuntu virtual machine in VirtualBox?
1. Open VirtualBox and click “New” to create a virtual machine.
2. Name the VM and select Linux as the operating system and Ubuntu in the version field.
3. Choose the amount of RAM you would like to allocate to the virtual machine.
4. Create a virtual disk. Choose to use an existing virtual disk if you have one, or create a new one. Make sure the disk has at least 8GB of storage.
5. Select the Ubuntu ISO image you downloaded earlier as the installation media.
6. Once you have configured the settings, click “Create” to start the installation process.
7. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
8. Once the installation is complete, you can start using your Ubuntu virtual machine.
How to install CodeIgniter on Linux?
1. Download the Zip File:
Go to the CodeIgniter website and download the CodeIgniter latest version of the framework.
2. Extract the Zip File:
Once the download is complete, extract the zip file.
3. Configure CodeIgniter:
Go to “system” and open the “config.php” file. Adjust the settings for the base url, database and other items for the website.
4. Put the CodeIgniter files:
Copy all of the files from the CodeIgniter package and place them within the root directory of the project.
5. Create a Database:
Create a database for your project.
6. Create a .htaccess File:
Edit the .htaccess file and set it up for CodeIgniter configurations.
7. Test the Installation:
Test to see if the installation of CodeIgniter is working correctly by navigating to your base URL.
How do I set up Chrome browser on Linux?
1. Download the latest version of Chrome for Linux from the official Google Chrome download page.
2. Make sure to select the correct package for your system architecture (32-bit or 64-bit).
3. Open a terminal window and navigate to the directory where the package file was downloaded.
4. Unpack the Chrome package with the command: "tar -xvf google-chrome-stable_current_i386.deb"
5. Install Chrome with the command: "sudo dpkg -i google-chrome-stable_current_i386.deb"
6. Start Chrome by typing: "google-chrome" in the terminal window.
7. If you want to make Google Chrome your default browser, you can set it up in the Settings menu.
What are the benefits of Linux Ubuntu?
1. Security: Linux Ubuntu is one of the most secure operating systems available, as it receives regular security updates and patches, making it highly resistant to virus and malware attacks.
2. Open Source: Ubuntu is open-source, meaning users can access and change the source code, allowing them to customize the system and create their own applications.
3. Easy Installation: Ubuntu has a simple setup process and requires very little technical knowledge to install.
4. Versatility: Ubuntu can be used for many different tasks, from desktop or server to cloud or container solutions.
5. Performance: With minimal system requirements, Ubuntu performs well on older computers, making it ideal for those on a low-budget.
6. Multilingual: Ubuntu supports many different languages, including English, Spanish, French and Chinese.
7. Community Support: Ubuntu has a large global community of contributors and developers who provide excellent user support.
8. Package Management: Ubuntu’s advanced package management system makes it easy to install, remove, and update packages and applications.
Is there a backup method for Linux server?
Yes, there are many different backup methods for Linux server. Common solutions include using traditional tape drive backups, disk-based backups, rsync-based backups, and remote cloud backups. Additionally, solutions such as Bacula and Mondo Rescue are popular for larger scale Linux server backups.
How to display specific CPU information using lscpu in Linux?
In order to display specific CPU information using lscpu in Linux, the following syntax can be used:
For example, to display the CPU model name and architecture, use the following command:
lscpu -e "model name" -e "architecture"
This will output the model name and architecture of the system's CPU. Other information such as the number of CPUs, threads, cores, etc. can be identified using the relevant options.
How do I seal a JAR file in Linux?
You can use the jar command to seal a JAR file in Linux. The command is as follows:
jar cvf <file-name>.jar <folder-name>/
What is sudo command in Linux?
Sudo is a command-line utility in Linux that allows users to run programs with the security privileges of another user, by default the superuser. It is commonly used to elevate privileges so that administrative tasks can be performed.
Does Red Hat Enterprise Linux need two subscriptions?
Yes, Red Hat Enterprise Linux requires two subscriptions: the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server subscription and the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Add-on subscription. The first subscription is used to access Red Hat Enterprise Linux services, such as Enhanced Update Services and Red Hat Insights, while the second subscription is needed to access additional software, such as Samba and Clustering, that can be added to standard Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
How to install TensorFlow GPU on Ubuntu 18.04?
Below are the steps to install TensorFlow GPU on Ubuntu 18.04
1. Download NVIDIA GPU drivers for your system
Head over to the NVIDIA download page to download the correct driver for your GPU. Once the driver is downloaded, run the following command to install it:
$ sudo apt install ./[name_of_the_driver_file].run
2. Install CUDA Toolkit
Now you’ll want to install the CUDA Toolkit. To do this, go to the NVIDIA download page and select the appropriate version (CUDA Toolkit 10.2) for your system.
Once the download is complete, run the following command to install:
$ sudo apt install ./[name_of_the_toolkit_file].run
3. Install Finally CUDNN
CUDNN is essential for optimized performance with TensorFlow GPU. Head to NVIDIA’s download page and select the appropriate version.
Once downloaded, run the following command to install it:
$ sudo apt install ./[name_of_the_CUDNN_file].run
4. Install TensorFlow GPU
Now you’re ready to install TensorFlow GPU. To do this, use the below command:
$ pip install tensorflow-gpu
That’s it! TensorFlow GPU should now be installed on your system.