What does SM mean in knitting?
SM stands for "slip marker," which is a type of knitting marker used to keep track of specific stitches or places in a knitting pattern.
What are the disadvantages of peer to peer networking?
1. Security: Peer-to-peer networks lack the built-in security that comes with other network structures. Computers in a P2P network must be configured for firewalls and encryption to protect against malicious attacks.
2. Dependability: The nature of a P2P network means that computers come and go frequently, which can lead to data loss. A P2P network also may become severely congested with data leading to slower performance.
3. Administration: P2P networks require additional set up and maintenance compared to other types of networks. This requires investment of additional time and costs.
4. Interference: Depending on the type of P2P network, other users of the network can become “leechers” who interfere with the performance of the network by downloading large amounts of data. This can slow down the network for other users.
How to export emails in outlook?
1. For Outlook on the Web (formerly Outlook Web App (OWA))
a. Log onto Outlook.
b. Click the “Settings” gear icon near the top right corner of the page.
c. Select “Mail” from the drop-down menu.
d. Select “Export” from the left panel.
e. Select the email folder or items that you would like to export.
f. Click “Export” from the top of the page.
g. Select the destination folder you would like to export to.
h. Click “OK” to begin the export process.
2. For Outlook Desktop (Outlook 2016, 2013 and 2010)
a. Log onto Outlook.
b. Select the folder or items that you would like to export.
c. Go to the File tab and click “Open & Export”.
d. Select “Import/Export”.
e. Select “Export to a File” and click “Next”.
f. Select “Outlook Data File (.pst)” and click “Next”.
g. Select the folder you would like to export.
h. Click “Browse” and select the folder where you would like to export the PST file.
i. Click “Finish”.
How to tell if a charity is a fraud?
1. Do your research: Check the charity’s official website, as well as third-party sites such as GuideStar and Charity Navigator, to make sure the charity is legitimate and up-to-date on its registration requirements.
2. Read the fine print: Check for any information about where the donations will be used and how the charity is structured.
3. Check the payment methods: Be wary of charities that insist you pay with cash or gift cards instead of a secure online payment method.
4. Speak with someone: If the charity isn’t able to provide you with detailed information about the organization, contact a representative to ask questions.
5. Listen to your gut: If something doesn’t seem right, that’s a warning sign. Avoid any charity that puts pressure on you to make a donation or makes any type of guarantee in return.
Are capital flows desirable?
The answer to this question depends on the context. In general, capital flows can have positive or negative impacts on a country's economy. Positive capital flows can increase investment opportunities, create jobs, and promote economic growth. On the other hand, large and volatile capital flows can lead to destabilization of exchange rates, slow economic growth, and worsen balance of payments deficits. Ultimately, whether capital flows are desirable depends on a country's economic conditions and specific regulations put in place to manage them.
How do I get Started with Twitter?
1. Sign up: The first step is to create an account on Twitter. Visit twitter.com, provide your full name, phone number, and an email address. Once you’ve signed up, you’ll receive a confirmation email. This will allow you to log in and start exploring.
2. Customize your profile: Make your account stand out by creating a profile page. This page will include your information, a profile photo and a short bio. You can customize the colors and theme that show up on the page too.
3. Follow other people: Get the conversation started by following other users. You can look through Twitter’s suggested users to find people who share your interests. You can also use hashtags to search by topic.
4. Tweet: Once you find some interesting people to follow, it’s time to start tweeting. Keep your tweets short and informative. You can also use media such as photos or links to draw followers attention to a particular topic.
5. Conversation & Connections: Twitter is all about conversation and connections. Engage with other users by commenting, liking, and retweeting. You can also participate in Twitter chats to make new friends and discover new communities.
6. Track Your Performance: Use Twitter’s analytics page to track your performance. Find out how many times people have interacted with you, who your most active followers are, and understand where your content is most successful. This will help you learn from your mistakes and adjust your strategy.