What happens if only half of the thyroid gland is removed?
If only half of the thyroid gland is removed, it is called a "hemithyroidectomy." Depending on the severity of the condition, the patient may still require thyroid hormone replacement therapy after the procedure to ensure that the body's hormone levels stay balanced. In some cases, the other half of the thyroid gland may take over and produce enough hormones to maintain normal levels. In other cases, the patient may only require a minor adjustment in hormone levels.
How to move game progress between Android phones?
1. Link your account: Many game developers offer account linking so that you can move your progress between devices. Connect either through a Google Play or Apple Game Center account, or create a dedicated account for your game.
2. Sync Your Progress: If your game supports cloud saving, make sure to enable it so that your progress is regularly backed up. This will allow for your progress to be restored later on a different device.
3. Transfer via external storage: Some games allow their progress to be transferred via external storage devices, such as SD cards. If this is available in your game, you can use this technique to move your progress from one device to another.
4. Social Network Transfer: Many games allow you to connect with other players. You can use this option to transfer your progress to a friend or family member that is playing the same game.
5. Error Method: This requires you to purposely make enough mistakes in the game that your profile becomes corrupted beyond repair. You can then uninstall the game and reinstall it on another device, restoring your progress.
What are the most interesting uses of CRISPR?
1. Targeting Cancer Cells: CRISPR can be used to make precise edits to the genomes of cancer cells, potentially leading to inhibition of tumor growth or other treatments.
2. Developing Disease-resistant Crops: CRISPR can be used to create more resilient food crops, reducing the amount of food wastage and increasing food supply.
3. Treating Inherited Diseases: CRISPR can be used to edit the genetic makeup of cells in order to correct genetic defects and treat inherited diseases such as cystic fibrosis.
4. Engineering New Organisms: CRISPR can be used to engineer new organisms by introducing different sequences of DNA into the genetic code of cells.
5. Discovering New Medicines: By making precise edits to the genetic makeup of a cell, CRISPR can be used to identify and develop new medicines.
6. Turning Bacteria into Producers of Sustainable Energy: Scientists are using CRISPR to edit bacteria in order to transform them into efficient energy producers using photosynthesis.
What is the difference between a wireless access point and router?
A wireless access point is a device that connects a wired network to a wireless network, while a router is a device that connects two or more networks and also manages traffic between them. The router can also connect to a wired or wireless access point in order to create a larger network.
What is the best free screen reader?
The most popular free screen reader is NVDA (NonVisual Desktop Access). NVDA is a completely open source, easy-to-use, and feature-packed screen reader that can be used on Windows-based computers and laptops. It offers support for a variety of languages and can be used to read text, control the computer, and access the internet. You can find more information at nvaccess.org.