How to create a Gantt chart in Excel?
1. Open a new Excel spreadsheet and enter the project's tasks into the first column. In the next column, enter the duration for each task.
2. Click Insert from the top menu bar, select 2-D bar chart from the Charts group, then select the first option in the Common Types category (Clustered Bar).
3. Right-click on the chart, select Format chart area and enter the date range you want the chart to cover in the x-axis label range box.
4. Right-click on the axis titles and select Edit Axis. In the Axis Options tab, select the date range you entered and click OK.
5. Right-click on the chart and select Select Data. Add a new series to the chart and select your task duration values as the range.
6. Right-click and select Format Data Series. Under Series Options select Secondary Axis, check Category Axis and enter the duration for each task in the Axis Labels Range box.
7. Right-click and select Format Data Series again. Under Series Options select Secondary Axis and check Value Axis.
8. Select the Fill icon from the Chart Tools Format tab to adjust the colors of the bars.
9. Adjust the chart title, legend and other settings to suit the design of your Gantt chart.
How to force Microsoft Excel to show leading zeroes?
1. Select the cells in which you want to show leading zeroes.
2. Right click and select Format Cells.
3. In the Number tab, select Custom in the Category list.
4. Enter the number of zeroes you want to appear in the Type list. For example, you can enter 00000000 or 0000000.
5. Click the OK button to save the changes.
How to extract substrings in Excel?
1. Use the LEFT function to extract text from the left end of a string. This function requires two pieces of data, the text (or cell reference), and the number of characters you want to extract. For example, LEFT('A123456',4) will return 'A123'.
2. Use the RIGHT function to extract text from the right end of a string. This function requires two pieces of data, the text (or cell reference), and the number of characters you want to extract. For example, RIGHT('A123456',3) will return '456'.
3. Use the MID function to extract text from the middle of a string. This function requires three pieces of data, the text (or cell reference), the starting character, and the number of characters you want to extract. For example, MID('A123456',3,3) will return '123'.
4. Use the FIND function to locate a specific character or phrase within text. This function requires two pieces of data, the character/phrases you want to locate, and the text (or cell reference) within which to locate it. For example, FIND("AB", "ABCDEFG") will return a value of 4, as AB begins on the fourth position of the string.
5. Use the SEARCH function to locate a specific character or phrase within text, not case sensitive. This function requires two pieces of data, the character/phrases you want to locate, and the text (or cell reference) within which to locate it. For example, SEARCH("ab", "ABCDEFG") will return a value of 4, as ab begins on the fourth position of the string.
How do you create a table name in Excel?
To create a table name in Excel, select any cell within the table, go to the Design tab on the Ribbon, and give the table a name in the Properties section.
What is the purpose of the status bar in Excel?
The status bar in Excel displays various pieces of information such as the number of cells selected, the sum of the selected cells, and the average of the selected cells. It also provides quick access to commonly used functions such as autosum, average, and count.
How to highlight cell or row with checkbox in Excel?
1. Begin by selecting the cells or rows you would like to highlight.
2. Go to the Home tab and click the Conditional Formatting option in the ribbon.
3. Select the New Rule option.
4. In the new window, select the Use a Formula to determine which cells to format option.
5. Enter a formula of either “=ISNUMBER(SEARCH("x",A1))” or “=ISNUMBER(SEARCH("X",A1))”.
6. Choose formatting that is easy to spot and select OK.
7. When someone adds an X or x to the cell, the row or cell will be highlighted.
How to customize the Excel data entry form?
1. Change the Input Range: You can open the Data Entry Form and then expand the Properties window by clicking on the Properties icon in the Design tab. You can then select the Input Range option to change the range of cell references that will appear in the data entry form.
2. Add Form Controls: You can insert Form Controls by selecting the Design tab and then selecting the Insert Controls icon. Select the controls that you want to add to the data entry form.
3. Adjust the Layout and Label Formatting: Adjust the layout of the data entry form by selecting the Design tab and then selecting the Layout icon. Also, adjust the formatting of the labels by selecting the Design tab and then selecting the Label Formatting icon.
4. Add Custom Menus and Macros: You can add custom menus and macros to the data entry form by selecting the Design tab, selecting the Customize Menus icon, and selecting the Macro Options icon in the Customize Menus window. Then select the macros or menus that you want to add to the data entry form.
5. Create Custom Buttons: You can create custom buttons to launch macros or perform other tasks by selecting the Design tab and then selecting the Insert Button icon. You can then enter the code for the button or select a macro to create the button.
6. Add Form Validation: You can add form validation by selecting the Design tab, selecting the Validate Form icon, and then setting the validation parameters for the form.
How do you add up cells in Excel?
To add up cells in Excel, start by selecting a blank cell where you'd like to see the total. Then type an equals sign (=) followed by the cell references that you want to add. For example, if you want to add the numbers in cells A1, A2 and A3, you would type =A1+A2+A3 in the total cell. Hit Enter to calculate the sum.
How to get increment numbers with text in Excel?
1. Enter the first number in the cell.
2. Select the cell and drag the small black square in the bottom right corner of the cell to the required number of cells to the right (see screenshot).
3. Enter the text that you want to add before or after the numbers in the first cell and press Enter.
4. To increment the numbers, right click on the group of cells and select "Fill" from the popup menu.
5. Select "series" from the Fill window.
6. In the Step value field, enter the number by which you want to increment the numbers.
7. Check the “Fill Formatting Only” box if you do not want the text to repeat.
8. Click OK. The selection will be incremented with the text, according to your specifications.
How do you hide page breaks in Excel?
Page breaks in Excel can be hidden using a few different methods.
1. The first way to hide page breaks in Excel is by going to the View tab and unchecking the "Page Break Preview" option.
2. Another way to hide page breaks in Excel is to select all of the cells on the sheet and then go to the Page Layout tab, click Breaks and then select Clear All.
3. You can also hide page breaks in Excel by going to the Page Setup tab and then unchecking the "Print Page Breaks" option.