How to recover deleted administrator account in Windows 10?
1. Use System Restore – this is the most reliable way to recover a deleted administrator account in Windows 10. Using System Restore will revert the system back to an earlier state and may recover the administrator account. To use System Restore, open the Start Menu, type “restore” in the search box, and click on the “Create a restore point” option. Follow the on-screen instructions to create and restore a system restore point.
2. Use Command Prompt – you can use a series of command prompts to recover a deleted administrator account. This method is more complicated than the System Restore method, but still works. Open the Command Prompt window and type in the following commands: “net user username_here /active:yes” and “net localgroup administrators username_here /add”. Replace “username_here” with the username of the deleted administrator account.
3. Create a new administrator account – you can also create a new administrator account to gain control over the system again. To do this, open the Start Menu and type “users” in the search box. Click on the “Manage Accounts” option, then select “Create a new account”. Create the new administrator account and use it to gain access to the system again.
How to setup and use speech recognition in Windows 10?
1. Open the Windows Settings and select the “Time and Language” option.
2. Select “Speech” from the left-hand side menu.
3. Enable the “Speech Recognition” switch.
4. Set up your microphone, if prompted.
5. Follow the guides provided by Microsoft to complete the speech recognition setup.
6. Finally, you can start using speech recognition by pressing the Windows logo key + H on your keyboard or clicking on the microphone icon in the taskbar.
Can I have both Windows 10 and Windows 7 installed?
Yes, you can install Windows 10 and Windows 7 side-by-side on the same computer. However, you may experience conflicts between the two operating systems. It is generally recommended to only use one OS on a computer at any given time.
What are the new features of Windows 7?
1. Jump Lists - Quickly access files and folders you've worked with recently.
2. Aero Shake - Minimize all open windows by shaking the active window.
3. Windows Taskbar - Easier access to programs and taskbar previews.
4. Improved Search Function - Quickly search for any documents, programs, or webpages on your computer with natural language search.
5. Snap - Automatically resize a window to fit across half of the screen.
6. HomeGroup - Create a HomeGroup network to easily share files between several computers.
7. Apps and Gadgets - Enhance your desktop with various apps and gadgets aimed at making your life easier.
8. Action Center - Monitor and personalize the security settings of your computer.
9. Device Stage - Easily manage, troubleshoot, and update compatible digital devices.
10. Windows Media Player - Quickly play all digital media formats with HomeGroup streaming.
How do I connect my Steam Controller to Windows 10?
1. Connect the Steam Controller to your computer via USB.
2. Open Steam and select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
3. Select the “Controller” tab.
4. Click “General Controller Settings”.
5. Enable the “Xbox Configuration Support” check box.
6. Select “Ok” to save your new settings.
7. Select the “Controller” tab again.
8. Select “Browse Config” and select “Steam Controller” as your device.
9. Select “Update Firmware” to install the latest Steam Controller firmware.
10. That’s it! You can now use your Steam Controller with Windows 10.
What happens when you uninstall a program on Windows 10?
When you uninstall a program on Windows 10, the program and its related files will be removed from your computer. The uninstall process may also remove any registry entries associated with that program, though some residual registry entries may remain. However, the user data associated with the program, such as save files and data files, will not be removed unless you manually delete them.
How to set up virtual machine on Windows 10?
1. Download and install a virtualization application.
First, you’ll need to download and install a virtualization application, such as VirtualBox, VMware, or Hyper-V. These applications allow you to create and manage virtual machines on your physical machine.
2. Create a virtual machine.
Once the virtualization application is installed, you can create a virtual machine. VirtualBox and VMware provide intuitive wizards to walk you through the process. Hyper-V requires that you manually configure the virtual machine from the command line.
3. Install an operating system.
Once the virtual machine is created, you can install an operating system on it. For example, you can install Windows 10 or another version of Windows onto the virtual machine.
4. Install applications and hardware.
You can then install applications, like web browsers and other software, and hardware, such as a printer, onto the virtual machine.
5. Launch the virtual machine.
Finally, you can launch the virtual machine and start using it. You can switch between the virtual machine and your physical machine at any time by pressing the appropriate key combination.
How to format NTFS partition in Windows 10?
1. Right-click on the NTFS partition you wish to format, and select “Format”.
2. Type in a name for the drive and select the file system type as “NTFS".
3. If you plan to enable compression, select the “Compress this drive to save disk space” option.
4. Select the “Perform a quick format” option if you want to format the drive quickly and easily.
5. Finally, click the “Start” button to begin the formatting process.
How to recover system image Windows 10?
1. Insert the Windows installation disk or drive into your computer and restart it.
2. Select the language, time, and currency, and then select Next.
3. Select Repair your computer.
4. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
5. On the Troubleshoot screen, select Advanced options.
6. Select System Image Recovery.
7. Select the operating system that you want to recover.
8. Select the location or drive containing the system image.
9. Select the system image that you want to recover.
10. Select Next, and then follow the instructions provided on the screen to recover your system image.
How do I create a GPO in Windows 10?
1. Open the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) by going to Start > Search > type "gpmc.msc" > press Enter. This will open the GPMC.
2. Right-click the domain where you want to create the GPO and select Create a GPO in this domain, and link it here.
3. Name the GPO, give it an optional description, then click OK.
4. After the GPO is created, right-click the GPO > select Edit.
5. Make the desired changes, clicking OK to save them.
6. Close the GPMC and the GPO will be applied to the target computers automatically.