How do I generate a WLAN report in Windows 10?
1. Open the Settings app and go to the Network & Internet section.
2. On the left-side pane, select ‘Wi-Fi’.
3. On the right-side, towards the bottom, click the ‘Network Report’ button.
4. This will launch the ‘Windows Network Report’ window.
5. Click the ‘Generate Report’ button to generate a detailed report.
6. Once it's finished, you'll be able to save and view the report.
How to show hidden drives in Windows 10?
1. Open File Explorer by pressing the Windows key + E shortcut.
2. Then, click on the View tab from the File Explorer ribbon.
3. Then click on the “Options” button from the ribbon.
4. In the “Folder Options” window that opens, click on the “View” tab.
5. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, locate and select “Show hidden files, folders and drives”.
6. Now, uncheck the box labeled “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
7. Now, click “OK” to apply the changes.
You should now be able to see the hidden drives in Windows 10.
How to stop apps from automatically starting in Windows 10?
1. Open the Settings app and go to Apps > Startup.
2. You will see all the apps that are set to open automatically when you power on your device.
3. To stop any of these apps from auto-loading, simply toggle the switch to Off.
4. If you want to stop an app from running in the background all the time, use the Task Manager app.
5. In the Task Manager app, click on the Startup tab to display all the apps that are set to launch when Windows starts.
6. To stop any of these applications from running in the background, right-click on the app and select Disable. This will stop the application from launching in the future.
How do I partition hard drive in Windows 10?
1. Begin by pressing the Windows key, type "partition" into the search bar, and press enter.
2. In the newly opened window, select the hard drive or partition you’d like to partition.
3. Right-click on the partition, then select ‘Shrink Volume…’.
4. Enter the exact amount of space you'd like to partition and select ‘Shrink’.
5. Right-click on the newly created unallocated space, then select ‘New Simple Volume…’.
6. Follow the prompts until you’re satisfied with the newly created partition.
7. Click ‘Finish’ and your new partition will appear in the list.
How to change the boot order on Windows 10?
1. On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key + R at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type msconfig and press Enter to open System Configuration.
3. Go to the Boot tab and select your primary operating system.
4. Click the Advanced options button.
5. Under the “Advanced Options” window, use the arrow keys to select the specific device you want as the first boot device.
6. Press the F10 key to save and exit.
7. Press the Enter key. Windows will boot from the device you selected in Boot Options.
Does Windows 10 have a feature update?
Yes, Windows 10 has a regular feature update cycle which includes two major updates each year. This includes new features, security updates, and bug fixes.
Can I install Windows 10 from an USB?
Yes, you can install Windows 10 from a USB. Before you can begin the installation, you'll need to prepare the USB drive by downloading and creating installation media using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. Once the USB drive is ready, you can use it to install Windows 10.
How to use Windows 10 laptop as second monitor?
1. Connect your laptop and the main monitor with an HDMI cable.
2. Right-click on the desktop of your main monitor and select “Display Settings.”
3. Select the “Extend these displays” option.
4. Lower the resolution of the extended display—your laptop—in the “Advanced display settings” window.
5. Move the “Resolution” slider to the lower end of the scale and click “OK”.
6. Right-click on the desktop of the extended display and select “Screen Resolution.”
7. Adjust the resolution of your laptop so it matches the main monitor’s and click “OK.”
8. You should now be able to use your laptop as a second monitor and drag windows between the two displays.
How to extend desktop in Windows 10?
1. Right click anywhere on the desktop and select "Display Settings."
2. Scroll down in the display settings window until you see "Multiple Displays."
3. Select the option to "Extend These Displays."
4. Select the additional monitor you want to use with your computer.
5. Select "Apply" and then "OK."
Your desktop will now be extended to the additional monitor.