What is the Best Antivirus for Windows 10?
The best antivirus for Windows 10 is Bitdefender. It offers great protection from malware, ransomware, and other cyber threats. It also comes with additional features such as a two-way firewall and an anti-phishing engine. It's highly recommended by independent antivirus testing sites and is both easy to use and reliable.
How to remove Cortana permanently from Windows 10?
1. Open the Windows 10 Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key + I on your keyboard.
2. Select “Cortana” from the list on the left side of the window.
3. Toggle the “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more” to the “Off” position.
4. Restart your system.
5. Open Task Manager and ensure that Cortana is not running in the background process.
6. Navigate to C:\Windows\SystemApps and delete the folder named ‘Microsoft.Windows.Cortana’.
7. Right-click the Taskbar and select Taskbar Settings from the menu.
8. Toggle off the “Show Cortana button” setting.
9. Right-click the Start button and select “Run”.
10. Type “regedit” into the box and click “OK” to open the Registry Editor.
11. Navigate to the following registry key: “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search”
12. Right-click “AllowCortana” in the left panel and select “Delete”.
13. Click “Yes” to confirm the deletion and close out of the Registry Editor.
14. Restart your system once again to finish deleting Cortana from Windows 10.It is not possible to completely remove Cortana from Windows 10. However, you can disable it by using the following steps:
1. Go to the Start menu, search for "Cortana" and click on the Cortana settings.
2. In the Cortana settings, toggle the "Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more" switch to the Off position.
3. You can also choose to hide the Cortana search box if desired.
These steps will disable Cortana but it will still be part of Windows 10.1. Right-click on the Start button, and then select “Search” from the Context Menu.
2. Click on the “Settings” icon.
3. Select “Cortana” settings from the left pane.
4. Toggle the switch under “Cortana Can Give You Suggestions, Reminders, Alerts and more” to the OFF position.
5. Confirm the action by clicking on the “Turn Off” button.
That's it! Cortana is now completely disabled on your Windows 10 PC.1. Right-click on the Windows Taskbar and select Task Manager.
2. In Task Manager, click the “Processes” tab.
3. Scroll down and find “Cortana” in the list of processes.
4. Click “End task” in the bottom right corner of the window.
5. Confirm that you want to end the task.
6. Close the Task Manager window.
7. Right-click on the Windows Start button and select “Settings.”
8. In Settings, click “Cortana.”
9. Set the toggle next to “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more” to “Off” to turn off Cortana.
How to disable annoying touchpad gestures on Windows 10?
1. Open Settings.
2. Click on Devices.
3. Select Mouse & Touchpad from the sidebar menu.
4. Under Touchpad, uncheck the box beside Enable two-finger scrolling, and other multi-finger gestures. This will disable all touchpad gestures in Windows 10.
5. Alternatively, you can create a new power plan. To do this, open the Control Panel and select Power Options.
6. Click on Create a power plan.
7. Click on Change plan settings for the plan you just created.
8. Under the Configure option, check the box beside Enable Tablet PC settings.
9. Click on Pen and Touch and then uncheck the box beside Use two -finger gestures. This will disable all touchpad gestures in Windows 10.To turn off touchpad gestures in Windows 10, press the [Windows] + [I] keys to open the Settings menu. Select Devices, then Touchpad. Under the "Additional Settings" section, toggle off the various gestures you'd like to disable.1. Click the Windows Start menu and type “Mouse.”
2. Select “Mouse Settings” from the search results.
3. Click the “Additional Mouse Options” link in the Related Settings area.
4. Select the “Device Settings” tab in the Mouse Properties window.
5. Select the Touchpad or pointing device that matches your laptop’s brand and model.
6. Click the “Settings” button to customize your touchpad settings.1. Tap to click: Tap with one finger to click.
2. Two-finger tap: Tap with two fingers to open the right-click menu.
3. Three-finger swipe up: Swipe up with three fingers to show the desktop.
4. Three-finger swipe down: Swipe down with three fingers to show the taskbar and Start menu.
5. Three-finger swipe left or right: Swipe left or right with three fingers to switch between open apps.
6. Four-finger swipe up: Swipe up with four fingers to open the Action Center.
7. Four-finger swipe down: Swipe down with four fingers to show the desktop.
8. Four-finger swipe left or right: Swipe left or right with four fingers to switch between virtual desktops.
9. Pinch to zoom: Place two fingers on the touchpad and slide them apart to zoom in, or slide them together to zoom out.
10. Rotate: Place two fingers on the touchpad and rotate them to rotate the image on the screen.Yes, it is possible to enable three- and four-finger gestures in Windows 10. Windows 10 provides the option to enable such gestures using the “Settings” app. To do this, open the Settings app and navigate to Devices -> Touchpad -> Scroll and zoom -> Multi-touch gesture. Here you can enable various three- and four-finger gestures, such as pinch to zoom, two-finger rotate and more.
How do I keep Windows 10 from going to sleep?
To keep Windows 10 from going to sleep, you can click the battery icon in the bottom-right corner of the taskbar and select either “Turn On Battery Saver” or “Keep Device Awake”. You can also use the Control Panel to adjust your power-saving settings. Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options, then select Change plan settings and choose the option you want.
How do I change the taskbar location in Windows 10?
1. Right-click an empty space on the desktop, and select Display settings from the drop-down menu.
2. Scroll down in the Display Settings and locate the Taskbar option.
3. Select the drop-down menu under “Taskbar Location on Screen”.
4. Select your desired location from the menu: bottom, left, right, or top.
5. Click “Apply” to save your settings.
What is Windows 10 system image?
A Windows 10 system image is a backup of your Windows 10 installation that includes backup copies of your system's programs, settings and files. It is used as a complete system recovery solution in the event of data loss or system malfunction. A system image contains all the data necessary to restore a computer to its original state including operating system, application software, and drivers. Without a system image, a full system recovery may be impossible.
How do you change your mouse speed in Windows 10 or 11?
To change your mouse speed in Windows 10 or 11, open the Control Panel on your computer. Then, click on the Mouse option. At the top of the window, you'll see a tab labeled "Pointer Options." Click on that tab and drag the slider to adjust the mouse speed to your desired setting. You can also check the box labeled "Enhance pointer precision" to further improve the mouse performance.
How do I reboot Windows 10 into safe mode?
To boot into safe mode on Windows 10, follow the steps below:
1. Click on the Start menu, then click on the Power button.
2. Press and hold the Shift key, then click the Restart option.
3. Windows will then open into the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE).
4. Choose the Troubleshoot option
5. Select Advanced Options.
6. Click on the Startup Settings option.
7. Click the Restart button.
8. Windows will now restart, and you may choose the Safe Mode options by pressing the relevant number key. For example, press the number 4 key to enable Safe Mode, or press the number 5 key to enable Safe Mode with Networking.